Thursday, October 19, 2006

the choice is yours

as many of you know, work had been kicking my ass for the past month and a half. well, the weight has been lifted ... as of tuesday, we called the project complete and moved into a support role. i'm sooooo glad this project is finally over. it had been consuming my left for the past month and a half. now that it's over, i feel like i have loads of free time in the evenings and have no clue what do with them (btw, someone suggest a good song to learn to play on the piano).

... and like last time, it's time to get rewarded for all my hard work. last time, my manager and i were given a choice: fancy dinner or day off work. my manager pulled rank, and since he has amassed hours upon hours of vacation time, he chose the dinner. he also promised me that i would be given the choice next time. so now is next time ... BUT i have no choice once again.

why?! because this time, the office manager gave us BOTH! yup, that's right ... a day off AND a fancy dinner. last time, we tallied an almost $200 bill between the two of us. we would have reached the $200 plateau if my manager hadn't somehow convinced them to give us dessert for free. and who knows, maybe this time the two of us won't be losers and will actually have dates to take along with us ... yeah, i know. that's a big IF. unfortunately, i didn't get a choice on the day off (it's tomorrow). long weekends are always nice too, but if i had known a bit in advance, i probably would have taken today off too and made a trip out to the bay.

so ... the choice wasn't mine ... but hey, who's complaining ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

start driving...

DJ Bozo said...

I just found out last night I got a raise on Monday! SWEET! That wasn't my choice but I'm not complaining!

try this and let me know how it is.

Brian said...

if i had find out early and it had occurred to me, i would have taken off thurs (since i did nothing important at work) and headed up to the bay for an extended weekend.

congrats on the raise! i could use one of those right about now ... damn property taxes.

and shawn, that place is not nearly expensive enough for our dinner, plus san marcos is a little far. where'd you come up with it anyway?

DJ Bozo said...

remember seeing it in one of those "tour san diego" brochures.

Brian said...

bill came out to almost $500 for four of us =) ... really good food too.

Anonymous said...

where did you end up going?

Brian said...

mille fleurs
http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/profile/86791