Tuesday, September 12, 2006

play me like a game of football

since the end of june, there's been a large void in my life. i'm not talking about a lack of social life or a non-existent love life ... actually those two have been better in the past few months ... well, my love life is still basically non-existent ... anyway, not the point. i digress. ever since d-wade and shaq won the nba finals, there has been no sports in my life. i'm not a baseball fan at all, and yeah, there was those few weeks of world cup action, which was exciting, but other than that, nothing ...

but now ... football has started. i was never much of a football fan before i moved to sd. i did follow some college football, but that was usually limited to things affecting cal's team. many of my coworkers here in sd are big nfl fans, and they (along with an office fantasy football league) got me into the nfl. being in sd, i decided to root for the home team ... the san diego chargers.

so for the next 16 weeks, my sundays will be much less productive, and i won't be staying late at work on mondays.

... and things have started out well for my teams, chargers demolished the raiders behind a very impressive defense (9 sacks and only allowed 9 first downs) and a strong running game. cal also rebounded from an embarrassing loss to defeat minnesota ... and i won some money in the first week in my fantasy league.

PLUS! less than two months before the lakers get back into action.

1 comment:

terence said...

dude...less than 2 months? that's awesome!