Wednesday, September 27, 2006

don't knock the hustle

the hustle:
1. buy ipod from best buy with extended warranty
2 . enjoy until new ipods are released
3. exchanged the "defected" ipod you have for new or improved ipod
4. buy extended warranty on new ipod
5. go back to step 2.

my brother bought a 4Gb ipod mini awhile back. when the new generation minis came out, he was able to exchange his current one for a 6Gb mini through best buy's replacement plan. when the nanos came out, he grew impatient and flat out bought one. i inherited the old mini. after dropping it a couple times, it stopped working, but i was able to exchange it for a 4Gb nano through best buy's replacement plan (they wouldn't let me do it in store cause the screen was crack, which voids the warranty, but i was able to do it through the mail, which is much less strict). since then, i've been enjoying my nano. it recently stopped turning off (happened before but was fixed with a hard reset). after hearing that new generation was released, i decided it was time to try getting an upgrade. yesterday, i took it into to best buy, and without any hassle, i walked out with a new 8Gb nano. the best part is: since it's been less than a year since i got my nano, the manufacturer warranty was still in place, which allowed me transfer my old replacement plan over to my new ipod for free.

to make a long story short, i got a new ipod with twice the capacity for free.99!!

1 comment:

DJ Bozo said...

BASTARD! (oops, I knocked the hustle)