Tuesday, May 23, 2006

it's a small world ...

i got this comment on my blog a few days ago:

"hey brian! I am sure you hardly remember me, but I am one of the 5 girls you met on Caye Caulker, Sarah. I typed in "cocopele's belize" on google and got your blog! fancy that. As I read it, I was amazed to find out that I knew you and Shawn, and you even wrote about me, Brit and the two Emily's! I'm glad you made it home safe, and all I have to say is that #1 Earth is a small freakin planet, and #2 Belize is an even smaller freakin country!
Take care,
keep traveling
Sarah"


talk about random! my first thought was, 'did i say anything bad about them?' good thing i didn't ... not that i had anything bad to say that i left out. those girls were fun to chill with and made our time on caye caulker much more enjoyable. sarah (or any of the rest of you girls), if you're ever in san diego, holla at me. but yeah ... small world. and it's nice to know that people other than terence, shawn, and pooja are reading my blog.

on another random note, my mom has been bugging me for ages to clean out my room in buena park and get rid of all the old junk that's accumulating dust there. since i was in town for my boy chris' bday, i finally got around to some of it. in my cleaning, i came across this old prom picture.


notice a couple things: i have facial hair and it says "Prom 2001." those are important because servite (my hs) didn't allow facial hair, and i graduated in 2000. when i first found the picture, i vaguely remembered going to prom my freshmen year at cal, and i remember this girl's face, but i couldn't remember her name or why she would have asked me. my mom sees the picture, and says, "she's cute ... whatever happened to that girl?" uhh ... i dunno, i'm not even sure i know what her name is. after racking my brain (seriously, this came to me hours after... and later confirmed with teresa), her name is lauren f (i'll leave the rest out cause i'm not sure she would want her name out there) and that she was cousins with alina and corin. but i still have no idea why she would have asked me. we had lotsa mutual friends and we were cool with each other, but we weren't particularly good friends ... and i definitely hadn't talked to her in a year while i was at cal. who knows ... maybe she just needed a date and knew i was available and figured i was a safe bet since she knew who/how i was and that i knew a lot of her friends in the group. maybe it was because she had a crush on me (though i doubt that would have lasted a year). i actually hope it's not the latter because then i'd be like, damn ... i should have realized/known earlier. hahha. but lauren, if you ever come across this and are still single, get in touch with me. hahha ... just kidding ... or am i? hahah

No comments: