Thursday, December 20, 2007

it's all mathematics

growing up, my aunt and uncle used to have a bunch of disney straight-to-vhs movies. most of them were of the sing along variety, but the one that sticks in my head the most is "donald in mathmagic land." there's one scene in the movie where donald is learning how to shoot some pool and how math helps out. unfortunately, i don't shoot pool as much as i should be, but i still think about that scene often when i do (though i was fuzzy on the details). sometimes i'll even tell whomever i'm shoot pool with about it. i usually just get blanks stares in response. no one has ever heard of the movie, except my brother and my cousins. anyway, my cousins, terence, and i were talking about it this past weekend. i asked my aunt awhile back about it, but she has no idea where her old vhs copy is. however thanks to youtube and the internet, i've found it (or at least pieces of it).

here's the pool scene:



jay was at my brother's place when i (re)discovered it. surprisingly, i had never mentioned the movie to him, which is funny considering he's the person i've played the most pool with. he's actually heard of it too. if he wasn't jay, i'd say he'd be cool enough to be part of our family.


and as an added bonus, here's another TIGHT youtube video that my brother told me about, but since he's been worse at blogging than i have been, i'll post it for him.



No comments: