Tuesday, December 19, 2006

this morning, i woke up feeling brand new

actually ... quite the opposite. i woke up in a funk ... not necessarily a bad mood, but definitely not a good one. the mood probably stems from a buncha factors ... the amount of work i want to do before i leave (though can you really be behind in work if your project manager hasn't setup a project schedule?!?), the ever-growing list in my head of things i need to do before i leave for toronto and the ever-diminishing amount of time to do it, the fact that it's only tuesday and i feel this week has already been really long, and probably some other junk. the fact that it's abnormally cold right now doesn't help either.

anyway, i get to work and get to my routine, still having been unable to shake the funk. on the drive to work, i knew exactly what would remedy my current situation ... some common. common's be to be exact. unfortunately, i didn't have that album or any of his others on my ipod at the moment ... nor did i have any roots, mos, gang starr, or anything like that. i think i've realized i must have moment of truth on my ipod at ALL TIMES. luckily, i get to work and had be on my computer. that did the trick ... solid album from start to finish. my only real gripe with album is that it's too short and leaves me wanting more.

it's great how music can do this to me.

so yeah ... after popping that album in, i was "feeling brand new and i jumped up / feeling my highs, and my lows in my soul, and my goals / just to stop smokin, and stop drinkin /and i've been thinkin ... i've got my reasons / just to get by ... just to GET BY"

yeah, that's not common, but whatever ... it fits the mood.

No comments: